Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Rules of Engagement

Well, as far as bloggers go I imagine I'm rather behind the curve. I've considered starting a blog on several occasions but I've never worked up the gumption to take a crack at finding my niche in the "blog-o-sphere."

Over the course of the last year or so I've been informed repeatedly by several different people that I apparently talk too much. A person who has too much water bottles it and sells it, an individual with excessive possessions has a yard sale, and so I imagine the best use for thinking too much is to jot those thoughts down and shoot them in to the fray.

So, to inaugurate this new adventure, I wish to make my intentions and expectations clear to anyone who cares to read. First of all, I write randomly. Anything that catches my fancy, whether it's currently events, personal experiences, or any random inkling that happens to flicker across my synapses constitutes free game. I occasionally labor intensively over what may seem like the simplest and rudimentary things. My goal for this blog is to pick apart things that I personally find interesting, and encourage you to take interest as well.

For the moment I have chosen to personally scan all of the comments submitted to my blog, to make sure that the initial barrages are of a reasonable quality and kill spammers. It's my wish that everyone who has a valid say (as determined by the quality of their effort, not the content of that effort) gets a chance to comment. I'll do my best to respond where applicable when I have the time because I believe that I have as much to gain from doing so as anyone else involved. On that note, please reply with a level of quality equivalent to the point you're trying to make (you may be the next Aristotle, but if you don't take the time to write sharply then no one is going to care, no matter how good the idea sounds in your head or how smart your grandmother told you you were.)

I can be sharp and brash sometimes, but my goal is never to offend. It's my hope that no one has occasion to become genuinely offended, and that everyone will benefit in the end. I look forward to the future. That's really the only place the future can be found anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment